Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today's struggles and challenges...

Just had to post something...I am so slowly struggling through translating (that's written work, mind you!) the new Ethnicity and Race Categories FAQs sheet into Spanish so that our Latino/Hispanic population will be able to make sense of the new forms we are soon expecting to send and receive back from them... the form is laborious and really causing me to pause and consider words even more carefully than ever before. Even simple issues...such as the terms "Native American" versus "American Indian" (see http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aihmterms.html) are just a few of the reasons I am struggling in order to put this form into a meaningful and expressive Spanish.
That has been my day here today...lots to contemplate! I'm going to search for a blog about this!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You DO have a dilemma -- I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the English version - lol.

    You might try searching on:
    http://blogsearch.google.com/
    or
    technorati.com/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete