Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thing 3 - Using my Reader

I found it easy to add sites, and I had never used my Google Reader before today (actually not quite true...I noticed when I went to Reader from my iGoogle homepage there already was a feed coming in...I had done it unitentionally when i joined a blog from one of our classmates and right there it was listed!), and I really love that I know what RSS is all about now.
I read from the blog Langwitches the blog which I thought would relate to my Thing 2 post..."Don't Believe Everything You See Online". Some very interesting techniques about how to teach that not everything online is true because it exists there. Some interesting links used to share ideas about the topic. I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to get to those...so I copied and pasted some, and then ended up just typing in urls I saw. It worked.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I'm hooked (hopelessly addicted) to my Google Reader!! I don't honestly know what I'd do without it given he number of resources and wonderful bites of information that come right to me. It has certainly made me more knowledgeable and productive in my job. Yes, I spend WAY too much time going through the posts (not so productive), but what I'm able to use from them has saved much time in the past and allowed me to assist teachers in ways I wouldn't have known without my RSS subscriptions. By the way, Langwitches is one of my faves!!

    ReplyDelete