Monday, March 30, 2009

Thing 10 - Flickr



A "family" of fellow abolitionists...notice Frederick Douglas in center...














A "Fake Family" (From "Our Town" at Lionheart
Theatre (Norcross GS) Backstage April 2009
I am the dad, Editor Webb.









This is a picture posted by crowolf
Now how's that for an unusual family...they are the Granchio family
Read a little more about them at that link. Wonder if they were "engaged" with their children's education, "clawing" their way through the red tape of homeschooling? Yi
A family a world away...





















And another family in another world away back in the 60s!
photo by SuziJane



Can you tell I like vintage pictures? They have always made me sentimental and nostalgic. All these people lived day-to-day routines like I do, and these photos are about all we have left of that life of theirs.

I think I see now that Flickr can be used to make poignant presentations, ones that hit an emotional nerve with the audience...that "move them". This may be the actor in me speaking, but I love the idea. I think I understand now how to respect the law and yet use images effectively.


Another type of family
Image: spacebahr
Flickr CC Image



















Right, an image by dhammza
that I found here.



Here's a link to a Sri Lanka Kandian family


Now here's another interesting "plastic" family...yum!



photo

1 comment:

  1. It's so very easy to get wrapped up in all that Flickr has to offer! I especially enjoy the mapping feature that "tags" the location of photos. My son was actually assigned a very cool project in his freshman U.S. history class at NGCSU. Here's a link to the group:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/365415@N25/pool/
    He posted and wrote on Cold War pix from my family history as an Army brat :)
    If we had a scanner, I'd be doing this project with our history students at the PLC!

    ReplyDelete