Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thing 6 - Diigo

Well, I have to confess...I've actually had the Diigo account (I am "scottking") and experienced social bookmarking for a while now...so in case you see my Diigo bookmarks and tags, I have been working on them a good while now!

I really LOVE the fact that when I am teaching a class (adult ed) elsewhere---like I recently did for a UGA Cont. Ed. seminar one Saturday---I used their computer and Smartboard, simply went online and loged in to my dashboard on Diigo, and there were my bookmarks! It was so very convenient. In fact, it saved me from feeling like I needed to drag my own laptop to class (well, that along with my Google docs page where I now store all my PowerPoint presentations and other handouts/docs!).

Hey, check out my bookmarks at http://www.diigo.com/user/scottking
There are some interesting ones there I think!
-Scott

4 comments:

  1. What am I doing wrong? I went onto my laptop last night and logged in and my acount looked like a neglected zone of webland. I have at least a bit more stuff and a few friends on my desk top at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that great. I can't tell you amount of time I have wasted when giving a presentation and couldn't find the website I needed to show someone. Also, with the Tags and the Lists in Diigo, you can make a List just for the class/presentation you are teaching and then go to that list and only have the links you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! I began using Diigo last fall -switching from Delicious once it was blocked by the system :(
    I am still in the process of figuring out how to import my Delicious bookmarks into Diigo (I know it's possible - just need to take the time to do it!).
    I agree with you about the convenience of being able to access a set of pre-marked sites ANYWHERE! I've found this same utility with GoogleDocs since we've begun using it at the PLC... especially when I forget to enter my attendance while still at school!
    My Diigo: http://www.diigo.com/user/lrambo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diigo users unite!!! LOL. Can't tell you how much I love the fact that all of you are Diigo-ing even before this class. Su-weet! And yes, I absolutely LOVE when I can log into my account from anywhere and pull up my resources. I think it amazes people when they see how easily I can access whatever I need. And Jessica brought up the topic of the lists, which I find to be indispensable! I can't recall how many I have, but it's great to know that when I need to present on a topic, I probably have a list ready or can make one in less than five minutes.

    ReplyDelete