Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thing 5-B Update from Google Reader

I love history, and when you combine that (as works naturally) with religion and religious history, I am "in heaven"(what a pun!)!...so I was drawn to a link my Google Reader feed sent me "The History of Easter" which is actually just a link to The History Channel's page of the same title.

I love reading about all the origins of the "holidays". (British style with period after the quotation marks?). Religious history is a natural subject for a Quaker as well...seems a good fit for a small sect within Christianity.

So, that's what occupied my time of late!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the History Channel and frequently look to the website for information. I checked out the Easter information - loved the bit on Fabrege Eggs (my mom brought me a small, fake? one back from her trip to Russia last year). I had, however, not thought of subscribing to the the "This Day in History" feed through my i-Google until I saw this option on the site - thanks!!! Now I can get my daily "history fix" much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm grinning!! Can you see me behind your screen grinning?? That's what I love about blogging so much - the sharing of resources such as what's gone on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are addicted to the History Channel at my house. The fact that we can link and share history videos with our classes is truly an awesome thing.

    ReplyDelete